Personal Taxation

Personal Taxation

Our aim is for clients to feel confident that they are compliant with tax legislation yet paying the minimum amount possible.

Cutter & Co is registered with the Chartered Institute of Tax (CIOT) as a firm of Chartered Tax Advisers and therefore our clients can be confident that they are getting the best possible advice.

Our team help clients prepare personal tax returns on a daily basis and has a wealth of experience in all aspects of personal tax.

We work closely with clients to ensure that their tax returns are correct and filed on time.

We don’t only concentrate on minimising income tax liabilities. We always consider the wider picture and can advise clients on any knock-on effects with capital gains tax, inheritance tax and trust tax.

This knowledge allows us to help clients plan for the future, whether it be passing wealth to younger generations or protecting assets for future use.

We always listen to our clients and make sure we have a full understanding of their current circumstances before planning for the future.

Did you know?

If HMRC have requested you to file a tax return then any paper returns must be submitted by 31st October following the tax year to which they relate.  At Cutter & Co we submit out tax returns online which puts the deadline back 3 months to 31st January.

It is your duty to alert HMRC if you are required to complete a personal tax return.  The main reasons are:

  • You are a company director
  • You have income from land and property
  • You have taxable foreign income in excess of £300
  • You received trust income
  • Your income exceeds £100,000
  • You have untaxed income which cannot be collected through your PAYE code
  • Your income exceeds £50,000 and you or your partner received Child Benefit payments
  • You have capital gains tax to pay

We’re always happy to help – contact us today

We can give you advice and information regarding your personal tax requirements. To speak to one of us about this service please call 0121 550 8525 or email